From VenturaPublications.com

Hawker
Hawker Hind - detail photos
By Bill Coffman
Jan 28, 2014, 17:35

The Hawker Hind was developed from the fast and beautiful Hawker Hart. Prior to the delivery of the new Fairey Battle and Bristol Blenheim, the Hind was an interim replacement light bomber in the RAF. Although most Hinds were two-seater bombers, some were fitted with dual controls and used for pilot training. Production ceased in 1938 It was the last biplane bomber in the RAF. The Museum aircraft was built in 1937. In 1938 it was one of 19 Hinds delivered to the Royal Afghan Air Force. It served with the RAAF into the 1940s and was an instructional airframe in the 1950s. By 1975 it was derelict when it was acquired by the Canada Aviation Museum. It was restored here in Toronto.

Copyright Bill Coffman


Copyright Bill Coffman


Copyright Bill Coffman


Copyright Bill Coffman


Copyright Bill Coffman


Copyright Bill Coffman


© Copyright 2004-2013 VenturaPublications.com and contributors.